Many food manufacturers love to slap something on the label that tricks you into thinking it’s healthy. Even if it’s “made like mom” or “natural” or a “diet” food, that doesn’t mean it’s healthy. It’s a good idea to avoid fads. Many times it’s discovered that the fad was not only unhealthy, but also dangerous.
For example, soy can be good for most people. But, you don’t need to go overboard. Eating too much soy isn’t good for you. All soy isn’t the same. I generally recommend fermented soy products for those choosing to eat soy. In truth, soy is just a bean. Beans are good for you, but just because something contains soy doesn’t mean it healthy for you, such as highly processed cookies and bars.
When you read labels, you’ll start to learn the brands that do a better job making things in a simple manner. Also, read about reading labels so that you can learn about the tricky terms that brands use to hide ingredients that they know aren’t good for you. Even fresh chicken in your grocery store might contain additives that you don’t want. You’ll never know if you don’t read the labels and learn about the types of additives you want to avoid.
By avoiding these additives you’ll set yourself up for success because you won’t accidentally ingest something that triggers additional hunger (like MSG, and sugar) and you’ll feel a lot better which will also encourage you to stick to your healthy eating plan eventually making it part of your everyday life. (We’ll learn even more about additives later in this program.)
TODAY’S ACTION STEPS:
1) These next 3 days are set aside for you to do some grocery shopping and meal preparation. Next week’s meal plan is the same as this week. So you may want to consider buying enough to cover 2 weeks worth of meals. (If you decided to try out a meal delivery service, then you may not have any shopping or meal preparation to do.)
2) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. Go to the Eating Healthy Worksheet and answer questions 1 through 5. Be sure to click SAVE, but DO NOT SIGN the form (as you will not be able to go back to edit & complete the other questions once you SIGN).
3) If you have any questions about the meal plan, or anything else, let me know in the Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/discoveryourzen/
4) If you haven’t received a meal plan, then you need to make sure you’ve submitted your PAR-Q and Client Agreement forms (see below) AND that you’ve emailed me back to confirm your choice of vegetarian or non-vegetarian (see below).
Previous ACTION STEPS: (Not a complete list, but some important highlights.)
1) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. If you haven’t completed the Client Agreement form and the PAR-Q form from Day 1’s ACTION STEPS, do that today and sign them. Be sure to click SAVE when you’re done. (You can not receive the meal plan and workout plan when they are released until we have those completed forms on file.)
2) If you haven’t done so yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and state whether you want a vegetarian or non-vegetarian meal plan. It will be sent to your Fitness App by this evening…JUST for you to review, if you’re interested. You don’t have to worry about getting everything ready to start the diet by tomorrow. I’ll take you through this whole process, step-by-step, in the upcoming week.
3) Go back to watch the Week 2 group coaching call from yesterday if you missed it live. It’s posted in the Week 2-Day 3 module.
4) Download the Set Your Goals Checklist and complete it. CLICK HERE to download.
5) Download the Program Planner that you can start using, if you wish. CLICK HERE to download.
6) Download the Kitchen Clean Out handout and use it to guide the clean out of your kitchen BEFORE you start your meal plan. CLICK HERE to download.