DISCOVER YOUR ZEN
Work with Your Schedule
Many people use the excuse that work prevents them from exercising daily. And you know what, I’m not one of those fitness trainers who say “No excuses. You just gotta do it.” I believe that your excuse is basically who you are right now…or at least what your situation is right now. You can’t ignore it, pretending it just doesn’t exist. That doesn’t work. I want you to EMBRACE YOUR EXCUSE. If time is the problem, let’s “embrace” the time problem and figure out where to find the time. I like to take on a “3 E Strategy” when embracing excuses. The first E is Evaluate. You’ve don’t that. You’ve evaluated that TIME is your problem. The second E is Educate. So let’s educate ourselves on how to find the time. (Then we’ll be able to Eliminate the excuse…the third E.)
There is some free time in your schedule that you can use to exercise. If you want to be successful, you need to evaluate your schedule honestly. For example if you are watching TV or using social media, you have time to exercise. Use this in your action plan and get moving.
Exercise at Work
You know that sitting for long periods isn’t good for your circulation or overall health. Anything you can do to move around more often at work, benefits you, physically. Fortunately, there are some exercises and stretches you can do while sitting at your desk that will help you ward off any ill effects.
Do some leg stretches by simply lifting your legs from your chair. If you have some free time, you can do some knee lifts, jog in place, do a few lunges and even some wall sits. Other ways to get more exercise at work include parking further from the door than you normally do and take the stairs when possible.
Wake Up Earlier
Studies have shown that the best time to exercise is in the morning. It gives you a boost of energy and helps increase your metabolism throughout the day. Also, if you have an extremely busy schedule this is your best solution if you are getting a good eight hours of sleep at night. You might need to adjust your schedule and go to bed a little earlier as well. Getting the exercise out of the way also will make you feel good about yourself because you’re going to get the hard part done first thing.
Use your Breaks
If you find yourself at work on a break then use it. Go on a small walk or anything that gets you moving. If you need to, do jumping jacks. Bring a jump rope to work and go outside and jump. Even five minutes of jumping rope can improve your fitness level.
If this is your lunch break then make a lunch you can eat while on the go. It might feel overwhelming at first but this will give you so much more energy to finish your day. Instead of sitting down during lunch, get up and move.
Use Your Commute
Another possibility, if you are not too far from work, is to take advantage of your commute to work. Instead of sitting in your car, get on a bike. Bring along another pair of clothes to freshen up once you get there.
All it takes is a little bit of creativity and motivation. Be honest with yourself and really break down your schedule. Do you get breaks or have more time to wake up in the morning? Do you go home and sit on the couch right away? You can use these times to fit more exercise into your daily life. It might seem contradictory but exercising gives you more energy to do the things you love to do.
TODAY’S ACTION STEPS:
1) Have you figured out when you’re going to exercise? If you’ve had problems in the past keeping up a regular exercise schedule, did you decide to try my suggestion of creating a habit? If so, keep it up! Every time you wake up, or finish washing your dishes after dinner, or whatever that regular activity is that you chose as the one to trigger your workouts…after THAT happens, put on your workout shoes! Just keep doing this. Don’t worry about what comes after this. Just put on those workout shoes.
2) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. Go to the Exercise Worksheet and answer questions 1 through 6. Be sure to click SAVE when you’re done, but DON’T sign it yet. (You won’t be able to go back to answer the rest of the questions once you sign it.)
3) If you have any questions about anything, let me know in the Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/teamdrvenus/
Previous ACTION STEPS:
(Not a complete list, but some important highlights.)
1) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. If you haven’t completed the Client Agreement form and the PAR-Q form from Day 1’s ACTION STEPS, do that today and sign them. Be sure to click SAVE when you’re done. (You can not receive the meal plan and workout plan when they are released until we have those completed forms on file.)
2) If you haven’t done so yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and state whether you want a vegetarian or non-vegetarian meal plan.
3) Send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and let me know whether you want an exercise plan for weight loss (focused on burning calories) or for building/maintaining your mass. So you just need to indicate whether you want a BURN or BUILD program.
4) Download the Set Your Goals Checklist and complete it. CLICK HERE to download.
5) Download the Program Planner that you can start using, if you wish. CLICK HERE to download.
6) Download the Kitchen Clean Out handout and use it to guide the clean out of your kitchen BEFORE you start your meal plan. CLICK HERE to download.