DISCOVER YOUR ZEN
Every goal you reach should be celebrated with a reward or recognition, no matter how small it seems. For each goal you set, include a reward. Make the reward related to the goal. It should also be something special that motivates you whenever you think about it.
Find small rewards for small goals and find big rewards for big goals. If you have been exercising daily for six months, then this deserves some huge recognition. Write these goals down with your action plan so you have something to look forward to.
- Fun Rewards — Reward yourself with something fun and exciting to increase your motivation. Buy a bike, get new hiking shoes, or go to an amusement
- Smart Rewards — Focus on finding smart rewards. Avoid rewards that will make you go backward. Don’t make unhealthy food rewards. Make it active and don’t ever skip exercise as a reward.
- Share It— Share your success (and/or a reward) with friends, family, and people who support you. You deserve recognition, even if you think it’s not worth mentioning. This will empower and encourage you. It is a great feeling to share your success with people who care about you. Definitely share it with us our our Facebook group. This will make my day!!
- Don’t Abuse It — Choose one reward for each goal met on the weekly and monthly levels. Plan the reward before you achieve the goal. When you are motivated to reach the milestones, you are more likely to reach your daily goals as well as your ultimate goals. However, keep the reward system in perspective. You don’t want the reward to be more important than reaching the exercise/fitness goal.
Every goal deserves acknowledgement and recognition whether it’s you patting yourself on the back, “bragging” on yourself a bit, or buying yourself new workout gear. The goal of this system is to motivate you to get moving and keep moving. The more you move the better you’ll feel and that’s a reward in itself.
TODAY’S ACTION STEPS:
1) If you’ve been trying out my suggestion of creating a habit, then you may want to add on to your first step if you haven’t done so yet. Every time you wake up, or finish washing your dishes after dinner, or whatever that regular activity is that you choose as the one to trigger your workouts…maybe you’ve been putting on your workout shoes. Keep doing this. But now, add the next step. If your chosen workout is taking a walk after dinner each night, maybe you need to head to the front door and grab a jacket. If you want to do a home workout from the exercise plan I’m going to give you, then maybe you’ll put on some workout clothes (a top and a bottom). Whatever that next step is just do that. Every day. Every time you put on your workout shoes, after every time you do that trigger activity (washing dishes, waking up in the morning, etc).
If you need a little more time to install that first habit (e.g. putting on your workout shoes), that’s fine. Just keep doing that and don’t worry about adding on right now.
2) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. If you haven’t answered questions 1 through 12 on the Exercise Worksheet, get those completed. Be sure to click SAVE when you’re done, but DON’T sign it yet. (You won’t be able to go back to answer the rest of the questions once you sign it.)
3) Remember that next week’s meal plan is the same as this past week. So prepare!
4) If you have any questions about anything…let me know in the Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeamDrVenus/
Previous ACTION STEPS:
(Not a complete list, but some important highlights.)
1) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. If you haven’t completed the Client Agreement form and the PAR-Q form from Day 1’s ACTION STEPS, do that today and sign them. Be sure to click SAVE when you’re done. (You can not receive the meal plan and workout plan when they are released until we have those completed forms on file.)
2) If you haven’t received a meal plan yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and state whether you want a vegetarian or non-vegetarian meal plan.
3) We’ll start our exercise plan next week! Send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and let me know whether you want an exercise plan for weight loss (focused on burning calories) or for building/maintaining your mass. So you just need to indicate whether you want a BURN or BUILD program.
4) Download the Set Your Goals Checklist and complete it. CLICK HERE to download.
5) Download the Program Planner that you can start using, if you wish. CLICK HERE to download.
6) Download the Kitchen Clean Out handout and use it to guide the clean out of your kitchen BEFORE you start your meal plan. CLICK HERE to download.