DISCOVER YOUR ZEN
Start The Exercise Plan
For those of you who have received an exercise plan in the Fitness App, get started! (Note: Using the Fitness App on your mobile phone is a great way to view the exercise demo videos while you work out.)
- Make sure you warm up before each workout. I have a suggested warm-up you can try: CLICK HERE to download.
- If you have a BUILD plan: I suggest that you do not do more than 2 BURN workout days in a row. Take 1 day off from weight training after doing 2 days straight of BUILD workouts; however, you can do a cardio workout on this “rest” day. Cardio workouts should be done 3 days per week and consist of 20 minutes of moderate exercise (e.g. elliptical machine, recumbent bicycle, or walking about 4 miles per hour). If you choose to do Cardio on the same day as a BUILD workout, then do Cardio after the BUILD weight training workout.
- If you have a BURN plan: I provided a beginner’s workout plan and will increase days per week and intensity as we move from week to week. I recommend splitting up the 3 days with at least 1 rest day in between. But you can do up to 2 days in a row, if you like. If you are more advanced in your exercise training (or accustomed to exercising more frequently), consider repeating this circuit of workout days so that you exercise 6 out of the 7 days this week; in other words, you would do Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, and then repeat Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 again.
- Whether you have a BURN plan or a BUILD plan: Go at your own pace. Increase the intensity (or the amount of weight you use) as appropriate for you. It should feel somewhat difficult to achieve the last 1-2 repetitions.
- If you want to check your exercise form, compare it to the exercise demo video, AND get some feedback from me…watch this: