DISCOVER YOUR ZEN
Staying on Track
Focus on Permanent Change
When it comes to your health, the changes you make must be long-term changes. While you may need to adjust your calorie intake once you’ve lost weight, the calories you add should be healthy calories. But your ultimate goal will always be to maintain a healthy eating lifestyle. The same principle holds true for other aspects of your health, such as exercise. For the rest of your life, you will need to make a conscious effort to get the right amount and type of exercise to maintain your overall health. That won’t change. However, as your body changes with age, you may need to adjust your action plans and expectations to meet your overall health goals.
Biggest Loser contestants often gain back their weight due to the unrealistic methods used during the show. It works…for a short time. They burn more calories than they consume and they work out 8 hours a day. But in real life, no one can do that.
Make sure that you focus on permanent change by using sustainable, realistic, healthy exercise strategies and methods. If you can only get in 20 minutes of exercise a day, that’s fine. Just make sure that you do the most effective exercise for the goals you want to achieve.
When it comes to food, if your budget is limited, be realistic about what you actually need in a healthy diet. Use sustainable, realistic healthy eating strategies and methods to reach your goals. Consider building meals around inexpensive healthy foods like beans, rice, leafy greens, etc. You may even want to grow some of the more expensive vegetables and herbs in containers or a square-foot-garden. Not only does this help reduce the food bill but it can give you additional food options that aren’t normally available to you.
TODAY’S ACTION STEPS:
1) If you have been following the workout plans I’ve been providing, the Week 5 Workout Plan will start today. Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – to access the Week 5 Workout Plan.
2) You should be exercising according to your planned routine. (You can use the workout plan I provided, if it works for you.) If you’re not ready to go FULL OUT with the workout plan yet…that’s OK. If you’ve been trying out my suggestion of creating a habit, then you may want to add on another step if you haven’t done so yet. Read through the Week 4 – Day 2 module if you’re not sure how to create this “habit chain.”
3) If you’ve been receiving the meal plans, the Week 5 (and 6) Meal Plan has been uploaded to your Fitness App. The Week 6 Meal Plan is the same as Week 5; so you should be starting the Week 6 Meal plan today.
4) Continue to meditate for at least 5 minutes each day. As I suggested in Week 6-Module 6, you can now have a goal for your meditation; for example, you can aim to make this goal a better awareness of yourself (by using mindfulness) or you can aim to quiet your mind and learn to block out stressful thoughts (by using transcendental meditation).
5) Mark your calendar for our next coaching call on Saturday, December 16, at 12:30pm ET (9:30am PT). The call-in number and Zoom link will be posted on the Home Page and in your daily email the day before the call. A replay will be made available for those who can’t make the call.
6) If you have any questions about anything…let me know in the Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/discoveryourzen/
Previous ACTION STEPS:
(Not a complete list, but some important highlights.)
1) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. If you haven’t completed the Client Agreement form and the PAR-Q form from Day 1’s ACTION STEPS, do that today and sign them. Be sure to click SAVE when you’re done. (You can not receive the meal plan and workout plan when they are released until we have those completed forms on file.)
2) If you haven’t done so yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and state whether you want a vegetarian or non-vegetarian meal plan. It will be sent to your Fitness App by the next day.
3) If you haven’t done so yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and let me know whether you want an exercise plan for weight loss (focused on burning calories) or for building/maintaining your mass. So you just need to indicate whether you want a BURN or BUILD program. It will be sent to your Fitness App by the next day.
4) Download the Set Your Goals Checklist and complete it. CLICK HERE to download.
5) Download the Program Planner that you can start using, if you wish. CLICK HERE to download.
6) Download the Kitchen Clean Out handout and use it to guide the clean out of your kitchen BEFORE you start your meal plan. CLICK HERE to download.