DISCOVER YOUR ZEN
Staying on Track
Make Plan Adjustments
The key to staying on a healthy track is to stick to the plan you set for yourself. However, if your current plan isn’t helping you meet your goal effectively, you need to make adjustments. For example, if you originally planned to include cycling as one of your exercise activities, but your old knee injury flares up, you may need to switch to another exercise that isn’t hard on your knees. Adjust your plan for the long-term. If you want to try adding a certain nutrient into your daily diet, tweak your weekly and/or monthly plan to make sure you can sustain the plan for more than a few weeks or months.
Anytime you start to feel bored with your plan make adjustments that inspire and motivate you. Stick with the same goals, if possible. For example, give yourself a 30-day challenge to eat an apple a day or drink a gallon of water a day or something else if you’re getting all the macronutrients that you need to stay healthy.
Understand the Long-Term Benefits
Sometimes it’s hard to focus on the long-term benefits, because they aren’t as noticeable…yet. However, you can see and feel some short-term benefits. For instance, you know you look better and feel better. At first, this seems amazing, but you will get used to that being your new norm, after a while. The long-term benefits aren’t as obvious but they include things like better bloodwork numbers, improved cardiovascular function, lower risk factors for some diseases, etc.
- Healthy Skin – Healthy skin regenerates itself over time, has more elasticity, is more resilient, and resists damage more effectively. Together, the benefits can make you look and feel much younger.
- Higher Metabolism – As you age, your metabolism naturally slows; but with a healthy diet and exercise, you can keep your metabolism operating efficiently for a lifetime.
- No-Brainer Healthy Habits – The longer you stick to a healthy lifestyle the more it becomes second nature. As this happens, you may find that maintaining your health is easier than you ever imagined it could be.
- Longer, Active Life – Living longer can be a wonderful thing. However, the quality of the life you have is important. Overall health increases your level of activity and your joy, allowing you to experience life to its fullest. And, it’s all due to your commitment to live a healthy lifestyle.
When you focus on these benefits and envision what your life can be in the future, it’s easier to follow your health plan for long-term success. Another thing that can help is to remind yourself how far you have come by looking at the numbers when you started and your most current numbers.
TODAY’S ACTION STEPS:
1) If you have been following the workout plans I’ve been providing, we’re now on the Week 5 Workout Plan. Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – to access the Week 5 Workout Plan.
2) You should be exercising according to your planned routine. (You can use the workout plan I provided, if it works for you.) If you’re not ready to go FULL OUT with the workout plan yet…that’s OK. If you’ve been trying out my suggestion of creating a habit, then you may want to add on another step if you haven’t done so yet. Read through the Week 4 – Day 2 module if you’re not sure how to create this “habit chain.”
3) If you’ve been receiving the meal plans, the Week 5 (and 6) Meal Plan has been uploaded to your Fitness App. The Week 6 Meal Plan is the same as Week 5; so you should be starting the Week 6 Meal plan today.
4) Continue to meditate for at least 5 minutes each day. As I suggested in Week 6-Module 6, you can now have a goal for your meditation; for example, you can aim to make this goal a better awareness of yourself (by using mindfulness) or you can aim to quiet your mind and learn to block out stressful thoughts (by using transcendental meditation).
5) Mark your calendar for our next coaching call on Saturday, December 16, at 12:30pm ET (9:30am PT). A replay will be made available for those who can’t make the call.
Topic: Discover Your Zen Group Coaching Call – Week 8
Time: Dec 16, 2017 9:30 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/158155388
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16468769923,,158155388# or +16699006833,,158155388#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)：
US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 158 155 388
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=8mCIwSVNLO5NMcyX-Mg6ux09FHQ1lQ8k
6) If you have any questions about anything…let me know in the Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/discoveryourzen/
Previous ACTION STEPS:
(Not a complete list, but some important highlights.)
1) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. If you haven’t completed the Client Agreement form and the PAR-Q form from Day 1’s ACTION STEPS, do that today and sign them. Be sure to click SAVE when you’re done. (You can not receive the meal plan and workout plan when they are released until we have those completed forms on file.)
2) If you haven’t done so yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and state whether you want a vegetarian or non-vegetarian meal plan. It will be sent to your Fitness App by the next day.
3) If you haven’t done so yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and let me know whether you want an exercise plan for weight loss (focused on burning calories) or for building/maintaining your mass. So you just need to indicate whether you want a BURN or BUILD program. It will be sent to your Fitness App by the next day.
4) Download the Set Your Goals Checklist and complete it. CLICK HERE to download.
5) Download the Program Planner that you can start using, if you wish. CLICK HERE to download.
6) Download the Kitchen Clean Out handout and use it to guide the clean out of your kitchen BEFORE you start your meal plan. CLICK HERE to download.