DISCOVER YOUR ZEN
Staying on Track – Group Coaching Call
Today is our LAST group coaching call!
Welcome to the Group Coaching Call for Week 8 of the Discover Your Zen program. I’m Dr. Venus. This is it! Our final coaching call. Today, I wanted to share with you a few more ideas on how you can stay on track once you’ve achieved your current goals. I want you to enjoy the success you achieve for the LONG TERM.
As I do with every group call, I offer this short disclaimer: The information provided is intended to educate you on your personal journey towards optimal health. It is not intended to be medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The use of this information is at your own risk. If you are under the care of any health professionals (or should be), it is strongly encouraged that you discuss modifications in your diet or lifestyle or use of other healing modalities with them prior to making changes, and never discontinue or reduce prescription medications without consulting your doctor or pharmacist. Listening to or using the information presented here does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship.
Arm Yourself with the Right Tools
One way to stay on the health track is to arm yourself with the right tools. Even when you’re a veteran of eating right and living healthy, having the right tools at your disposal can make a huge difference. Continue to collect helpful tools as you move through each stage of life to help you stick to your goals.
Currently, there is a wide variety of tools available to help you achieve your goals and maintain your healthy habits. Here are a few types of tools you may want to incorporate into your plan and add to the “needed equipment” section.
- Auto Shipping & Paying – Amazon.com offers auto shipping on some Prime merchandise that can be very helpful to your healthy endeavors such as putting any supplements you need on auto ship. When you know that they’re coming regularly you will be more likely to stick to your regimen. If you like getting massages, join a message club similar to what Massage Envy has. If you know you already paid for a massage (at a discount too) you’re going to be more likely to make this type of self-care a habit in your life.
- Scheduling – If you really want to stick to goals, schedule everything into a calendar. You can use Google Calendar, on multiple devices, to schedule eating times, exercise times, as well as prep and travel times. Include everything you do in your calendar so it only takes a glance to see what you need to do and when you need to do it. The calendar will even help you find a good time to schedule a new event or activity.
- Online Macronutrient Trackers – You can get an app on your mobile device that allows you to track your diet, exercise, and even hydration. The new Dr. Venus app will integrate with My Fitness Pal, so that’s a great option allowing you to track most everything. If you have a Fitbit, you can track everything by integrating the Dr. Venus app with your device. It’s a lot like scheduling exercise into your calendar. If you can see things scheduled, you’re more likely to stick to your goals. When you track your data, you’re more likely to succeed. Make it easy on yourself and get the tools you need, based on your goals, plan, and preferences.
- Exercise Equipment – The truth is you only need the basics to exercise but some types of equipment can make sticking to your plan much easier. Tension / Resistance bands are among the things you may want to consider getting. You can take these wonderful pieces of equipment anywhere. This means you can exercise while waiting for your flight, sitting at your desk, or in a hotel room.
- Fun Useful Accessories – Adding elements of fun and style to your goals and activities can help motivate and encourage you. One way to accomplish this is to check out your favorite print-on-demand site, such as CafePress.com. Look for accessories or pieces of equipment with an image and/or sentiment that inspires or motivates you. For example, you may choose a water bottle, exercise gear, a calendar, or other items you use as part of your plan. Adding a little pizzazz to cool tools and equipment can definitely make your experience more fun and interesting.
Finding and using new tools can enhance your fun-factor as well as your efficiency and success rate. Keep your eyes open for tangible tools and equipment, as well as digital and online items. New items are developed frequently, especially when it comes to apps.
Try New Things
When your stamina and overall health increases, you can start getting more adventuresome. For example, if you always wanted to visit another country, now is the time to start saving for your trip. Set up an account specifically for the trip. Reward yourself by adding a certain amount of money each week that you meet your goal. The more goals you reach, the sooner you’ll be packing your bags to celebrate.
Just as you set your health goals, you can do the same for other goals too. When you add life enhancement goals into the mix, you create opportunities to enjoy your newfound health. Your life enhancing goals act as a reward for your previous successes, as well as motivation for your new goals.
Bounce Back From Slip-Ups
Slips happen. No one is immune to this. When you have a history of living a healthy lifestyle, the impact usually isn’t major. Everyone experiences a miss-step from time to time. Don’t waste time beating yourself up about it. You have things to do that are more important. Patting yourself on the back for getting “this far” and taking steps to get back on track are two examples.
To get back on track quicker, accept that the slips will happen. Use them as learning opportunities. You may even want to challenge yourself to see how quickly you can refocus your efforts and get back on track. You can’t do that effectively if you keep thinking about the slip or allow yourself to feel guilty about it. Move on. Concentrate on the present and future, rather than on your past mistakes. You can’t change the past.
That brings us to the end of the call.
I’ll be opening up for questions as we wrap this up now. Let me just say how truly honored I am that you chose to take this journey with me. I wish you abundant healthy and happiness. Stay in contact. I’m always available in my FREE Facebook group. Just look it up to join, if you’re not a member yet, COMMIT TO FIT CREW. We’ve got great recipes, workouts, and lots of motivational and inspirational messages for you. So just type into the search box on Facebook – “Commit To Fit Crew” – and request to join. I of course, will welcome you in!
Always remember, Stay fit! Be Happy!
TODAY’S ACTION STEPS:
1) If you have been following the workout plans I’ve been providing, we’re now on the Week 5 Workout Plan. Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – to access the Week 5 Workout Plan.
2) You should be exercising according to your planned routine. (You can use the workout plan I provided, if it works for you.) If you’re not ready to go FULL OUT with the workout plan yet…that’s OK. If you’ve been trying out my suggestion of creating a habit, then you may want to add on another step if you haven’t done so yet. Read through the Week 4 – Day 2 module if you’re not sure how to create this “habit chain.”
3) If you’ve been receiving the meal plans, the Week 5 (and 6) Meal Plan has been uploaded to your Fitness App. The Week 6 Meal Plan is the same as Week 5; so you should be starting the Week 6 Meal plan today.
4) Continue to meditate for at least 5 minutes each day. As I suggested in Week 6-Module 6, you can now have a goal for your meditation; for example, you can aim to make this goal a better awareness of yourself (by using mindfulness) or you can aim to quiet your mind and learn to block out stressful thoughts (by using transcendental meditation).
5) Join us for our last coaching call today – Saturday, December 16, at 12:30pm ET (9:30am PT). A replay will be made available for those who can’t make the call.
6) If you have any questions about anything…let me know in the Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/discoveryourzen/
Previous ACTION STEPS:
(Not a complete list, but some important highlights.)
1) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. If you haven’t completed the Client Agreement form and the PAR-Q form from Day 1’s ACTION STEPS, do that today and sign them. Be sure to click SAVE when you’re done. (You can not receive the meal plan and workout plan when they are released until we have those completed forms on file.)
2) If you haven’t done so yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and state whether you want a vegetarian or non-vegetarian meal plan. It will be sent to your Fitness App by the next day.
3) If you haven’t done so yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and let me know whether you want an exercise plan for weight loss (focused on burning calories) or for building/maintaining your mass. So you just need to indicate whether you want a BURN or BUILD program. It will be sent to your Fitness App by the next day.
4) Download the Set Your Goals Checklist and complete it. CLICK HERE to download.
5) Download the Program Planner that you can start using, if you wish. CLICK HERE to download.
6) Download the Kitchen Clean Out handout and use it to guide the clean out of your kitchen BEFORE you start your meal plan. CLICK HERE to download.