10 Mar Thai Turkey Curry Recipe: Perfect for leftover turkey!
This is an easy, tasty solution to the age-old problem of what to do with leftover turkey from your holiday feast. The flavors of this dish offer a contrast to the traditional holiday offerings, so you’ll totally forget that you’re eating leftovers.
THAI TURKEY CURRY
Cook Time: Yield: 4 servings
* 1 cup light coconut milk
* 1/4 cup water or fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
* 1/4 tsp kosher salt
* 1 tsp green curry paste
* 1 tbsp fish sauce (with extra for serving)
*2 tbsp bakeable stevia
*2 cups chopped turkey breast, cooked
*1-1/2 cups cubed peeled sweet potato, cooked
* 3/4 cup frozen green peas
* 1/4 cup cilantro sprigs
* 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
* Lime wedges, for serving
* 5 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- Combine coconut milk, water (or broth), salt, curry paste, fish sauce, and stevia in a pot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potato, turkey, and peas.
- Simmer 2-3 additional minutes or until turkey and squash are heated through.
- Place rice in a serving dish, and pour contents of pot over the rice. Garnish with cilantro and red pepper strips. Serve with additional fish sauce and lime wedges.
*For a different twist, try butternut squash instead of sweet potato.
*If you don’t have any leftover turkey, you can always go to grocery to buy some turkey breast or chicken breast. Yes, this tasty dish is worth the trip to the store!
Stay Fit! Be Happy!