DISCOVER YOUR ZEN
Meal Prepping – Part 2
Today is the last of the 3 days I’ve given you complete your shopping and meal prep. In the previous 2 modules, Week 2-Day 5 and Day 6, I provided you some tips about reading labels when you shop and about preparing/storing your meals. So if you haven’t done so yet, be sure to review those modules.
If you’re still a little lost in the whole process, no need to feel overwhelmed. Just take one step at a time. Here’s a suggestion for how to go about things:
- Maybe you’re concerned about trying to prepare the entire week of meals in just a couple of days. Just pick out the first 2 or 3 days and start with preparing the foods for those days. You can work toward preparing more days at one time once you get more comfortable with the process.
- Go through those first few days of your meal plan, and make sure you have all the ingredients you need.
- Wash and chop/slice your vegetables as required for your chosen recipes. Store them in separate containers in your refrigerator.
- Cook/prepare your meats/proteins. Separate into the portion sizes needed for each meal and store them in your refrigerator or freezer.
- Put your ingredients together and start cooking each meal.
- I like to refrigerate all of my prepared meals that I plan to consume in the next 1-2 days. Then I freeze all the other meals. The day before I plan to eat them, I simply move those items from the freezer to the refrigerator.
Our wholesome nutritious eating plan starts tomorrow. Woo hoo!! I’m excited!
TODAY’S ACTION STEPS:
1) This is the last of the 3 days set aside for you to do some grocery shopping and meal preparation. Next week’s meal plan is the same as this week. So you may want to consider buying enough to cover 2 weeks worth of meals. (If you decided to try out a meal delivery service, then you may not have any shopping or meal preparation to do.)
2) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. Go to the Eating Healthy Worksheet and answer questions 1 through 5. Be sure to click SAVE, but DO NOT SIGN the form (as you will not be able to go back to edit & complete the other questions once you SIGN).
3) If you have any questions about the meal plan, or anything else, let me know in the Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/discoveryourzen/
4) If you haven’t received a meal plan, then you need to make sure you’ve submitted your PAR-Q and Client Agreement forms (see below) AND that you’ve emailed me back to confirm your choice of vegetarian or non-vegetarian (see below).
5) Mark your calendars for our next group coaching call on Sunday, November 12, 8:15pm ET. The call will go no longer than 25 minutes. The link to access the call will be posted on 11/11/17 on our Home Page, that day’s module page, and your daily email.
Previous ACTION STEPS: (Not a complete list, but some important highlights.)
1) Log in to the Fitness App on your COMPUTER – https://doctorvenus.com/app-login/ – and go to the FORMS tab. If you haven’t completed the Client Agreement form and the PAR-Q form from Day 1’s ACTION STEPS, do that today and sign them. Be sure to click SAVE when you’re done. (You can not receive the meal plan and workout plan when they are released until we have those completed forms on file.)
2) If you haven’t done so yet, send an email to team@DoctorVenus.com and state whether you want a vegetarian or non-vegetarian meal plan. It will be sent to your Fitness App by this evening…JUST for you to review, if you’re interested. You don’t have to worry about getting everything ready to start the diet by tomorrow. I’ll take you through this whole process, step-by-step, in the upcoming week.
3) Go back to watch the Week 2 group coaching call from yesterday if you missed it live. It’s posted in the Week 2-Day 3 module.
4) Download the Set Your Goals Checklist and complete it. CLICK HERE to download.
5) Download the Program Planner that you can start using, if you wish. CLICK HERE to download.
6) Download the Kitchen Clean Out handout and use it to guide the clean out of your kitchen BEFORE you start your meal plan. CLICK HERE to download.